The TAC is housed in the Office of the Scientific Director.
Biomedical Research Center
251 Bayview Blvd
Suite 200, Room 01B216
Baltimore, MD 21224
About the Core
The mission of the Translational Analytical Core (TAC) is to create a NIDA IRP-wide platform and mechanism for new, innovative translation and reverse translational collaborations, with a special emphasis on novel molecular approaches and analysis (e.g. protein, lipids, small molecules).
Services: The TAC provides method development and analysis in three main categories: 1) immunoassay techniques, 2) gas chromatography mass spectrometry, and 3) liquid chromatography mass spectrometry. We also offer consultation, training, and data analysis for all three categories. The TAC oversees and manages the shared-bench laboratory located in the NIDA IRP BRC, 01B216.
- Measurement of a wide range of biomolecules (e.g. proteins, peptides, steroids) in biological matrices (e.g. plasma, salvia, etc.)
- Microplate reader compatible with most commercially available enzyme immunoassays EIA/ELISA kits
Gas chromatography mass spectrometry (GC-MS)
- Measurement of drugs of abuse and other small biomolecules in plasma, urine, etc.
- Analysis of blood alcohol level (BAL) from whole blood, plasma, or serum
Liquid chromatography mass spectrometry (LC-MS)
- High resolution mass spectrometry (HRMS) and MS/MS analysis for structural identification
- Measurement of drugs and their metabolites in tissue, plasma, urine, etc.
- Lipidomic studies in tissue, plasma, etc.