The NIDA IRP does not provide medical advice. For medical advice, we strongly urge you to contact a qualified health care provider.
- IN AN EMERGENCY: If you or someone you know is experiencing severe symptoms or is in immediate danger, please seek immediate medical attention by calling 911 or visiting an emergency department. Poison control can be reached at 1-800-222-1222 or poison.org.
- NEED SUPPORT NOW? If you or someone you know is struggling or in crisis, help is available. Call or text 988 or chat 988lifeline.org to reach the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline. Trained crisis counselors are available 24/7 to help you.
- FIND TREATMENT: For referrals to substance use and mental health treatment programs, call the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration National Helpline 1-800-662-HELP (4357) or visit FindTreatment.gov.
- For other personal medical advice, please speak to a health care provider. Learn more about finding a doctor or medical facility: usa.gov/doctors.
- To find a treatment center in your area, please visit the SAMHSA Treatment Locator or call 1-800-662-HELP (4357). 1-800-487-4889 (TTY). NIDA does not endorse any specific treatment program.
- If you are looking for an addiction specialist, please visit the American Society of Addiction Medicine.