Participate in Research Studies
If you are interested in participating in a clinical research study, please click here for more information or call 1-800-535-8254.
The NIDA IRP does not provide medical advice. For medical advice, we strongly urge you to contact a qualified health care provider.
- IN AN EMERGENCY: If you or someone you know is experiencing severe symptoms or is in immediate danger, please seek immediate medical attention by calling 911 or visiting an emergency department. Poison control can be reached at 1-800-222-1222 or poison.org.
- NEED SUPPORT NOW? If you or someone you know is struggling or in crisis, help is available. Call or text 988 or chat 988lifeline.org to reach the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline. Trained crisis counselors are available 24/7 to help you.
- FIND TREATMENT: For referrals to substance use and mental health treatment programs, call the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration National Helpline 1-800-662-HELP (4357) or visit FindTreatment.gov.
- For other personal medical advice, please speak to a health care provider. Learn more about finding a doctor or medical facility: usa.gov/doctors.
- To find a treatment center in your area, please visit the SAMHSA Treatment Locator or call 1-800-662-HELP (4357). 1-800-487-4889 (TTY). NIDA does not endorse any specific treatment program.
- If you are looking for an addiction specialist, please visit the American Society of Addiction Medicine.
Contact the NIDA Intramural Research Program
Office of the Scientific Director – NIDA IRP
251 Bayview Blvd., Room 04A505, Suite 200
Baltimore, MD 21224
NIDA IRP, Main Number: 443-740-2463
NIDA IRP, Clinical Research Studies: 443-740-2273
- Scientific Director: Amy H. Newman, Ph.D.
- Clinical Director and Deputy Scientific Director: Lorenzo Leggio, M.D., Ph.D.
- Deputy Clinical Director: Lisa Farinelli, PhD, MBA, RN
- Associate Director for Technology: Marisela Morales, Ph.D.
- Associate Director for Diversity and Inclusion: Yeka Aponte, Ph.D.
- Director for Education & Training: Christie Brannock, M.B.A.
- Chief, Administrative Management Branch: Thomas Haines, M.S.
- Deputy Chief, Administrative Management Branch: Josh Kysiak, M.A.
- Director, Animal Care Section: Quentin Wilson, DVM, DACLAM
- Scientific Program Coordinator and NIDA Technology Development Coordinator: Janette Lebron, M.A.
- Administrative Assistant to the Scientific Director: Brenna Swider
- Special Assistant to the Scientific Director: Wendy Marshall
- Administrative Assistant to the Clinical Director and Deputy Scientific Director: Max Dennis
- NIDA IRP Webmaster: Marc Raley
Sign Language (ASL) Interpreting
Sign language interpreting services are available upon request. Individuals who need interpreting services and/or other reasonable accommodations to participate in any NIDA IRP Hosted Event should contact Wendy Marshall.