A division of the Neuroimaging Research Branch
Biomedical Research Center
251 Bayview Blvd
Suite 200, Room 07A711A
Baltimore, MD 21224
What the NIC provides
The NIDA IRP Neuroimaging Core offers the following equipment and services
- State of the art MRI technology at 3T including the latest in pulse sequence technology.
- State of the art subject interface devices – including visual stimuli, audio stimuli, thermal stimuli, shocks, response collection, eye tracking and physiological monitoring.
- Mock scanning facilities including most of the same equipment/capabilities as the scanner.
- A quality assurance program that ensures consistent and high-fidelity MRI and fMRI data.
- A trained MRI technologist coverage during prime-time hours.
- Training by technologists in scanning techniques, safety procedures, and protocols.
- Scheduling and a means for exchanging scan time between users.
- Short and long termautomatic archiving of fMRI data.
- Web-based access to imaging data with role-based security.
- State of the art high performance computing environment with a complete suite of modern MRI processing software including AFNI, FSL and SPM.
- Consulting with users on the best fMRI scanning and processing approaches.
- Consulting with users on the best tasks to probe the desired cognitive constructs.
- Consulting with users on data interpretation.
- Preprocessing and processing of resting and task-based studies.